Complete Energy-Efficient Remodeling in Gainesville, FLMay 17, 2012
McFall Builders, Inc. recently began energy-efficient remodeling on an amazing home in Gainesville, FL. This complete home renovation includes a 700+ square foot addition complete with a large lanai area and a new pool! The home will also be featuring a brand-new master bathroom with custom cabinetry. The existing home in Deer Run, on the northwest side of town, is going to be completely transformed to fit the customer’s specifications.
The existing home is 1,400 square feet, and the customer wanted to expand the square footage to fit his family’s growing needs. The home is being transformed into a 2,100-square-foot energy-efficient dream home. With rising energy costs, we encourage all of our clients to consider energy-efficient remodeling at their homes. Gainesville regularly experiences temperatures in excess of 90 degrees with very high humidity. The combination of these conditions requires more energy to cool and regulate the humidity.
To combat the ever-increasing energy costs associated with maintaining a home in Gainesville, our client decided that energy-efficient improvements were the single most important factor. Below you will find some of the energy-efficient improvements that will be made during the complete home remodeling project.
- Replace the gas water heater with an energy star-certified Hybrid Electric Water Heater
- Replace the existing aluminum framed windows with low-E argon gas-filled vinyl windows
- Add R-30 blown-in cellulose insulation
- Add anti-microbial quartz countertops
- Use radiant heat barrier spray in the attic
- Re-shingle with energy-efficient shingles and add an on-ridge roof ventilation system
- Add new HVAC energy-efficient R-8 duct boards
- Replace the existing t-111 siding with concrete composite Hardie board siding
- Add new, luxury vinyl plank flooring
- Include energy-certified kitchen appliances
- Include energy-efficient lighting.
At McFall, We Have Your Energy-Efficient Remodeling Covered
Our energy-efficient design and build processes ensure that the home will provide lasting value protection and energy savings over the years.
If you’d like to learn more about how to transform your home to satisfy energy-efficient needs, request a consultation with McFall Builders, Inc. today!