McFall Builders, Inc of Gainesville Florida recently began work on an amazing home renovation. This complete home renovation will include a 700+ square foot addition complete with a large lanai area and a new pool! The existing home in Deer Run, on the northwest side of Gainesville is going to be completely transformed to fit the customer’s specifications.
The existing home is 1400 square feet, and the customer wanted to expand the square footage to fit his families growing needs. The home is being transformed into a 2,100 square foot energy efficient dream home. With rising energy costs we encourage all of our clients to consider updating their homes to be more energy efficient. Gainesville Florida regularly experiences temperatures in excess of 90 degrees with very high humidity. The combination of these conditions requires more energy to cool and regulate the humidity
To combat the ever increasing energy costs associated with maintaining a home in Gainesville Florida our client decided that energy efficient improvements were the single most important factor. Below you will find some of the energy efficient improvements that will be made during the complete home remodel in Gainesville Florida.
- Replace gas water heater with an energy star certified Hybrid Electric Water Heater.
- Replace existing aluminum framed windows with Low-E Argon Gas Filled Vinyl Windows.
- Addition of R-30 Blown-in Cellulose Insulation.
- Anti-Microbial Quartz Countertops.
- Radiant Heat Barrier Spray in Attic.
- Re-Shingle with Energy Efficient Shingles and On-Ridge Roof Ventilation System.
- New HVAC Energy Efficient R-8 Duct Board.
- Replace existing t-111 siding with concrete composite Hardie Board Siding.
- New, luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring.
- Energy Certified Kitchen Appliances
- Energy efficient lighting.
The home will also be featuring a brand new master bathroom with custom cabinetry. McFall Builders, Inc. is Florida’s leading energy efficient builder. Our energy efficient design and build process ensures that the home will provide lasting, value protection and energy savings over the years.